Bob Travica, Ph.D.
· Journal of Information, Information Technology, and Organization – past Editor-in-chief (2006-2015, http://jiito.org/)
· Economic and Business Review - Editorial Board (http://www.ebrjournal.net/ojs/index.php/ebr/about/displayMembership/2)
· Montenegrin Journal of Economics - International Editorial Board (http://www.mnje.com/EditorialBoard.aspx)
· Journal of Electronic Commerce in Organizations - Associate Editor (2007-2013)
· Journal of Organizational Virtualness - Advisory Board (2005-2010)
Travica, B. Modeling Organizational Intelligence: Nothing Googles Like Google. Online Journal of Applied Knowledge Management, Vol. 3, 2015. The best paper award.
Travica, B., Think process, think in time: Advancing study of informing systems. Informing Science: The International Journal of an Emerging Transdiscipline, Vol. 17, 2014, 133-148.
Travica, B., Reframing Information and Communication Technologies to Augment Mind and Organization. SEFBIS Journal, No. 8, 2013/4, 6-14.
Travica, B., Conceptualizing Knowledge Culture. Journal of Applied Knowledge Management, Vol. 1, No. 2, 2013. The best paper award.
Travica, B., Culture of Informing: A Case of Consulting Company. Economic and Business Review, Vol. 14, No. 3, 2012, 223-249.
Travica, B., Back to Basics of Informing: The INIS Principle. Interdisciplinary Journal of Information, Knowledge, and Management, Vol. 6, 2011.
Travica, B., Informing in the Flat, Rough World: Balancing Globalization Gone Awry. Informing Science Journal, Vol. 13, 15-34, 2010.
Travica, B., Between Unwanted and Disowned Child: A Comparative Study of Adoption of Self-Service Systems. Journal of Information, Information Technology, and Organizations, Vol. 4, 39-56, 2009.
Travica, B., Influence of Information Culture on Adoption of a Self-Service System. Journal of Information, Information Technology, and Organizations, Vol. 3, 1-15, 2008.
Travica, B., Of Monsters, Divinations, Costly Dumbness and Fumbling: Adopting a Self-Service System. Journal of Information, Information Technology, and Organizations, Vol. 2, 15-29, 2007.
Travica, B., Kajan, E., Jošanov, B., Vidas-Bubanja, M.,
and Vuksanović, E., E-Commerce in
Travica, B, Information Systems Field at the Forks: Cherish Diversity of Perish, Issues in Informing Science and Information Technology, Vol. 3, 2006.
Travica, B., Information View of Organization, Journal of International Technology and Information Management, Vol. 14, No. 3, 1-20, 2005. Key-note paper.
Travica, B., Virtual Organization and Electronic Commerce, The DATA BASE for Advances in Information Systems, Vol. 36, No. 3, 45-68, 2005.
Travica, B., Information Politics and Information Culture: Case Study. Informing Science Journal, Vol. 8, 211-245, 2005. A Best Paper award.
Travica, B., Diffusion of Electronic Commerce in Developing Countries: The Case of Costa Rica, Journal of Global Information Technology Management, Vol. 5, No. 1, 4-24, 2002.
Travica, B., Organizational Aspects of the Virtual Library, LIS Review: An International Journal, Vol. 21, No. 2, 173-203, 1999.
Travica, B., Information Aspects of New Organizational Designs: Exploring the Nontraditional Organization, Journal of the American Society for Information Science (Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology), Vol. 49, No. 13, 1224-1244, 1998.
Travica, B., and Cronin, B., The ARgo: A Strategic Information System for Group Decision Making, International Journal of Information Management, Vol. 15, No. 3, 223-236, 1995.
Davenport, L., and
Travica, B., Soft Decision Support: GDSS in Loosely Affiliated ad hoc Groups, International Journal of
Information Management. Vol.15, No. 1, 57-65, 1995.
Travica, B., Examining the Informing View of Organization: Applying Theoretical and Managerial Approaches. Hershey, PA: IGI Global, 2014.
Travica, B., New Organizational Designs: Information Aspects. Stamford, CT: Ablex, 1999.
Travica, B., Information Politics and Information Culture: A Case Study, In Gill, G., & Cohen, E. (Eds.), Foundations of Informing Science: 1999-2008 (pp. 521-576). Santa Rosa, CA: Informing Science Press, 2009.
Travica, B., A Tale of Kings, Serfs, and Liberation, Communications of the Association for Information Systems, Volume 25, August 2009.
Travica, B., Virtual Organizing of E-Commerce, An editorial preface in Journal of Electronic Commerce in Organizations, 5(4), 2007.
A review of the book Internet Digital Libraries: The International Dimension, by jack Kessler (Boston-London: Artech House) in The Information Society, 15, pp. 67-68, 1999.
Travica, B. Teaching Informatics in North America: Jugglers Wanted. SACLA 2016, Cullinan, South Africa, Key-note address. In S. Grunner (Ed.), SACLA 2016, pp. 22–31, 2016.
Travica, B., New and Old Media: From Embracing to Denial. 14th Annual International Conference on Communication and Mass Media, online publication, May 9-12, 2016, Athens, Greece.
Travica, B., 4 Worlds: Coping with Technology Complexity. Proceedings of the Americas Conference on Information Systems, Puerto Rico, August 13-15, 2015.
Travica, B., Sharpening the Focus on Information Systems and Organizational Culture: A Comparative Case Study, ASAC 2010 Proceedings, Regina, SK, Canada, June 2010.
B., Organizations as Information
Processes, in Akoka, Jacky (Ed.), Proceedings of the
Travica, B. (with Charles Mossman), Folklandia Pavilion: A Teaching Case, in Mossman, Charles, Andrew Templer, Tupper Cawsey, & Jan Varner (Eds.), Proceedings of the 2004 ASAC Conference, Quebec City, Quebec, June 2004.
Information View of Organizations: Contextualizing Technology - Technologizing
Context, Proceedings of AMCIS 2003, August 4-6, 2003,
Travica, B., Cuba Sě!
– on the Internet, Proceedings of International AMSE Conference on
Management and Technology,
Travica, B., Digital Prairie Portal: Business Models of Electronic Marketplaces, Proceedings of ABIT Conference, Pittsburgh, PA, May 2002.
Travica, B., Time, Space and Information Systems for Electronic Commerce, in Khosrowpour, Mehdi, Managing Information in a Global Environment, IRMA International Conference 2001, May 20-23, 2001, Toronto, 225-229.
Travica B., Johanson,
E., and Leon-Pereira, M., Caribbean Electronic Commerce: An Exploration of
Travica, B., ICAAAC
Model of Virtual Organization. Proceedings of AMCIS 1999, August 13-15,
Travica, B., and R.
Olson, Usability of Business Web Sites in East and Central Europe, Proceedings
of the 61st ASIS Annual Meeting,
Collaboration Technology: Volatile Character of Group Decision Support Systems,
in Collaboration Across Boundaries: Theories, Strategies, and Technology: Proceedings
of the ASIS 1998 Mid-Year Meeting, May 16-20, 1998,
Travica, B., The
Design of the Virtual Organization: A Research Model, In Gupta,
Travica, B., and B.
Cronin, Business Web in
Travica, B., Culture
of Collaboration: An Exploration into the Accounting Industry, Proceedings
of the 58th ASIS Annual Meeting, October 9‑12, 1995,
Travica, B., The Role of Information-Communication Technology in a New Organizational Design, in Nora Comstock and Clarence Ellis (Eds.), Proceedings of the Conference on Organizational Computing Systems, August 13-19, 1995, Milpitas, CA, 178-188.
Wigand, R, Travica,
B. and Verville, J., Electronic Data Interchange: Selected Issues and Trends, Proceedings
of the 56th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Information Science,
October 24-28, 1993,
Travica, B., and M.
Hogan (1992), Computer Networks in the xUSSR: Technology, Uses and Social
Impacts, in Shaw, Deborah (Ed.), ASIS'92: Proceedings of the 55th Annual
Meeting of the American Society of Information Science, October 26‑29,
1992, Pittsburgh, PA, Vol. 29, pp. 120‑135.
Culture of Informing: A Case of Consulting Company. London, ON: Ivey Publishing, 2010.
Big Data Full Alignment Model. Several versions of this presentation delivered internationally to academic and business audiences in Spring-Summer, 2016 (Canada, Greece, South Africa).
Infoculture. University of South Africa, Florida, Republic of South Africa. August 17, 2016.
Get Published: Workshop at UNISA. University of South Africa, Florida, Republic of South Africa, August 3, 2016.
Teaching Informatics in North America: Jugglers Wanted. A key-note address at SACLA’16, Cullinan, Republic of South Africa, July 6, 2016.
New and Old Media: From Facelift to Euthanasia. Three presentations in Summer 2016 (Florida, Republic of South Africa, August 22, 2016; Cape Town, South Africa, July 26, 2016; University of Pretoria, South Africa, August 12, 2016).
The Doctoral Dissertation Process: An Application to Media Studies. Faculty of Political Sciences, Belgrade, Serbia, June 28, 2016.
Education for Masses by Masses: What Social Media Should/Should Not Learn from Old Media. Social Media 2016- 25th International Education and Technology Conference, April 11-13, 2016. The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China. One Belt One Road ICT Educator of the Year Award.
Travica, B., 4 Worlds: Coping with Technology Complexity. Presentation at the Americas Conference on Information Systems, Puerto Rico, August 13-15, 2015.
Stop chasing a black cat in a dark room: Refocusing the information systems field to knowledge. The key-note address at the Knowledge Management Conference, Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria, June 2014.
Managing the Rough Landscape of the Flat World: The Role of Information Technology in the Time of Unreason. The key-note address at the DLIS International Conference, Gaborone, Botswana, October 2009.
Acceptance of Human Resources Information Systems: Challenges and Recommendations. A presentation before the Board of a large company in Canada, March 2006.
Organizational Communication: Medium or Message. National Communication
Association Annual Convention, Atlanta, GA, November 1, 2001. (with B. Kovacic)
Guidelines for Designing Web Storefronts. University of Costa Rica, San José, Costa Rica, June 13, 2000.
Information and Communication in the Virtual Organization, Seminar on Management Communication in the 21st Century. Palm Beach, FL, May 26, 1998.
Groupware: Ups, Downs, & Solutions, Association for Systems Management. Indianapolis, IN, March 5, 1998.
The Business Web in the Eastern and Central Europe: Research Findings, Indiana University, Russian and Eastern European Institute. November 1997, Bloomington, IN.
Language and Other Characteristics of Computer Mediated Communication. Philosophy Department of University of Novi Sad, June 1997, Novi Sad, Yugoslavia.
Current Trends in Electronic Networked Information. National Library of Yugoslavia, Belgrade, Yugoslavia, June 1997.
Virtual Organization: Design, Evidence, and Issues. Industrial Virtual Corporation Conference, Charleston, VWA, June 1996.
Organizational and Technological Aspects of the Network Organization. Faculty seminar at Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY, March 1993.
Organization. IBM management seminar. April 1993,
Responsibilities in Professional Associations and at Conferences:
· Chairing a session at the 14th Annual International Conference on Communication and Mass Media, May 9-12, 2016, Athens, Greece.
· Chairing a session at the Knowledge Management conference 2015, Katowice, Poland, June 2015.
· Chairing a session at the Knowledge Management conference 2013, Novi Sad, Serbia, June 2013.
· Chairing a session at the 2006 InSITE Conference, Manchester, UK, June 2006.
· Chairing a session at the 2005 InSITE conferences, Flagstaff, AZ, June 2005.
· Discussant at the 2005 ASAC Conference, Toronto, Canada, June 2005.
· Chairing the IS Foundations mini-track session at AMCIS 2003 Conference, Tampa, FL, August 2003.
· Co-chairing Organizational Change mini-track at the AMCIS 2001 Conference, Boston, MA, August 2001.
· Co-chairing Organizational Change mini-track at the AMCIS 2000 Conference, Long Beach, CA, August 2000.
· Organizing & participating at the panel Knowledge Management in Virtual Organizations, ASIS Annual Meeting, November 1999, Washington, D.C.
· Organizing the panel Economics of Web-Based Information, ASIS Midyear Conference, May 1999, Pasadena, CA.
· Organizing & moderating the panel Using the Web for Global Business Intelligence, ASIS Annual Meeting, Pittsburgh, PA, October 1998.
· Organizing & participating at the panel Managing Groupware: Hosting and Appropriation, ASIS Midyear Meeting, May 1998, Orlando, FL.
· Co-chairing Social Informatics mini-track at AIS (later AMCIS) Conference, Indianapolis, IN, August 1997.
· Chairing a session at the Conference on Organizational Computing Systems (later ACM SIG GROUP), Milpitas, CA, August 1995.
· American Society for Information Science (later American Society for Information Science and Technology), SIG Management Chair, 1997-1998.
Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce
Journal of Electronic Commerce in Organizations
Journal of Information Technology Theory and Application
Electronic Journal of Organizational Virtualness
Journal of Management Studies
International Journal of Information Management
The Information Society
Journal of American Society for Information Science and Technology
Journal of Informing Science
Economic and Business Review
Journal of Applied Knowledge Management
· Encyclopedia of Networked and Virtual Organizations
· Papers for the ASAC 2006 and 2006 conferences.
· Papers for the InSITE 2005 and 2006 conferences.
· Papers for the IRIS 2005 conference.
· Papers for tracks on e-commerce and virtual organization at IADIS e-Society Conference in 2003, 2004, and 2005.
· Papers for mini tracks on social informatics and/or organizational change at AIS/AMCIS conferences in 2016, 2015, 2003, 2001, 2000, 1998, and 1997.