Bilingual Language Arts Activity Kits:
Complete Set of Bilingual Language Arts Activity Kits
is a resource for teachers who want to use good quality literature to
teach grammatical structures. There are 10 different topics (grammar
structures) and each one includes five different children's books and
suggested teaching activities for how to use these books in the
classroom. Feel free to download the complete set or individual kits as
appropriate for your needs. If you use these kits with your students, I
would appreciate your feedback - what worked and what didn't work? Do
you have any suggestions for improving the activities? or for
additional books or resources? Please be in touch through my email
Bilingual LA Activity Kit - Numbers
Bilingual LA Activity Kit - Prepositions
Bilingual LA Activity Kit - Adjectives
Bilingual LA Activity Kit - Past Tense Verbs
Bilingual LA Activity Kit - Progressive Verbs
Bilingual LA Activity Kit - Adverbs
Bilingual LA Activity Kit - Questions
Bilingual LA Activity Kit - Modal Verbs
Bilingual LA Activity Kit - Figurative Language
Bilingual LA Activity Kit - Dialogue
- Enns, C. J. & Herman, R. C. (2011). Adapting the Assessing British Sign Language Development: Receptive Skills Test into American Sign Language. Journal of Deaf Studies and Deaf Education, 16 (3), 362-374. doi: 10.1093/deafed/enr004
- Enns, C. J. & Kelly, S. M. (2011). Meeting the early learning needs of deaf children and their families. MERN Journal, Vol. 4, 7-22.
- Enns, C. J. (2009). Critical literacy: Deaf adults speak out. Exceptional Education International 19(2), 3 - 20.
Jonk, L. & Enns, C. J. (2009). Using culturally appropriate
methodology to explore Dene mothers' views on language facilitation. CASLPA Journal, 33 (1), 34-41.
C.J., Hall, R., Isaac, B., & MacDonald, P. (2007).
Process and product: Creating stories with Deaf students. TESL Canada Journal, 25 (1), Winter, 1 - 22.
- Enns, C. J. & Dustan Lafond, L. (2007). Reading against all odds: Deaf students with dyslexia. American Annals of the Deaf, Vol. 152, No. 1, 63-72.
- Evans, C. J. (2004). Educating deaf children in two languages. In D. Power & G. Leigh (Eds.), Educating Deaf Students: Global Perspectives (pp. 139-149). Washington, DC: Gallaudet University Press.
C.J. (2004). Learning through personal interaction: Preparing
pre-service teachers for students with special needs. Exceptionality Education Canada, 14 (2,3), 189-208.
- Evans, C.J. (2004). Literacy development in Deaf students: Case studies in bilingual teaching and learning. American Annals of the Deaf, 149 (1), 17 - 27.
- Cornwell, S. & Evans, C.J. (2001). The Effects of sound-field amplification on attending behaviours. Journal of Speech Language Pathology and Audiology, 25 (3), 135-144.
- Evans, C.J. & Seifert, K.L. (2000). Fostering the development of ESL/ASL bilinguals. TESL Canada Journal, 18 (1), 1-16.
- Evans, C.J. (1999). Two languages, one goal. Canadian Association of Educators of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Journal, 25 (1,2,3), 6-19.
- Enns, C.J. (2007). Review of The Smart Princess and other Deaf Tales. Toronto, ON: Second Story Press, in CM Magazine.
C. J. (2006). A Language and Literacy Framework for Bilingual
Deaf Education. Winnipeg, MB (SSHRC Standard Research Grant
- Evans, C.J. (2003). Review of Munch, R. and Martchenko, M. (2003) Zoom! Markham, ON: Scholastic Canada, in CM Magazine, IX(17).
- Enns, C. J. (2011). Assessing ASL Development. VL2 Lecture series, Gallaudet University, Washington, DC, April.
C. J., Boudreault, P., Hoffmeister, R., Kuntze, M., & McQuarrie, L.
(2011). American Sign Language competence and English reading ability:
What is the underlying relationship? Preconference symposium at the
biennial meeting of the Society for Research in Child Development, Montreal, QU, March.
- Enns, C. J. (2010). Process and product: Creating stories through mulitple literacies. National Reading Conference/Literacy Research Association. Fort Worth, TX, Dec.
- Haug, T. & Enns, C. J. (2010). Adapting tests for signed language development: Application and methodology. International Congress of Education for the Deaf, Vancouver, BC, July.
- Enns, C. J., Herman, R., & Zimmer, K. (2010). Assessing receptive signed language: Experiences from Britain and Canada. International Congress of Education for the Deaf, Vancouver, BC, July.
- Enns, C. J. (2010). Assessing the acquisition of American Sign Language. Canadian Society for Studies in Education Annual Conference, Montreal, QU, May 29 - June 2.
- Enns, C. J. & Zimmer, K. (2010). Assessing American Sign Language development: Receptive and narrative skills. Association of College Educators - Deaf/Hard of Hearing Annual Meeting, Lexington, KY, February 18 - 20.
- Enns, C. J. (2009). Assessing receptive skills in ASL. Annual meeting of the Association of College Educators - Deaf/Hard of Hearing, New Orleans, LS, March.
- Enns, C. J. & Kelly, S. (2008). Early education for families with deaf children. Annual meeting of CSSE, Vancouver, BC, June.
C. J. (2008). The language and literacy connection. CASA Conference of
the New Mexico School for the Deaf, Albuquerque, NM, April.
- Enns, C.J. (2007). The role of sight words in bilingual literacy development with Deaf students. Annual meeting of AERA, Chicago, IL, April.
C.J. (2007). Conceptual translation and vocabulary development
within bilingual Deaf education. Biennial meeting of the Society for Research in Child Development, Boston, MA, March.
- Enns, C.J. (2006). Teacher perceptions of professional growth. Annual meeting of the Canadian Society for Studies in Education, Toronto, ON, May.