Biolegato: Beyond GDE
1. Changes that move toward bioLegato independence while retaining
backward compatability with GDE.
a. A bioLegato-specific set of Environment variables
Need to create a set of bioLegato environment variables that correspond
to existing GDE variables. eg.
(This one might just wait until we get a new biolegato menu language.)
b. Hard-coding of 'biolegato' rather than 'gde' in menu items and in
c. File chooser. Two possible ways:
- pseudocomment that is only parsed by bioLegato (done in bioLegato)
- (done in makemenus.py) Change file input to 'file_chooser' in
.item files, but makemenus.py will replace it with the correct syntax
for argtype:text when it writes a .GDEmenus file. This one forks the
GDE_Help_Dir directories while leaving the menus directories unchanged.
We would need to create a completely new set of directories for
bioLegato, and change the biolegato wrappers to set GDE_HELP_DIR
so read the new directories. makemenus.py would have to be changed as
- Same as 2, but have a sed or awk script that makes the changes,
2. Changes that fork bioLegato irrevocably away from GDE
a. We create a separate set of hierarchical menu directories such
as $dat/biolegato, $dat/mbiolegato, $dat/tbiolegato which are now
allowed to fork.
b. File chooser