Department of Economics
University of Manitoba,
501 Fletcher Argue Building,
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Fields of Specialization
- Industrial Organization.
- Economic Theory.
- Financial Economics.
- PhD Economics, University of Iowa, 2003.
- MS Mathematics, University of Iowa, 2001.
- MA Economics, University of Iowa, 2001.
Selected Publications and Working Papers
- "Social Learning and Delay in a Dynamic Model of Price Competition."
(with Masaki Aoyagi and Manaswini Bhalla). Revision requested by Journal of Economic Theory, 2015.
- "Exposure Problem in Multi-Unit Auctions" (with Xin Meng). Revision requested by International Journal of Industrial Organization, 2015.
- "Waiting for Signalling Quality." Southern Economic Journal, Vol 81, 364-386, October 2014.
- "Strategic Waiting in the IPO Markets."
(with Gonul Colak). Journal of Corporate Finance. Vol 17, 555-583, June 2011. MATLAB codes.
- "The Role of Externalities and Information Aggregation in Market Collapse." Economic Theory, Vol. 35, Issue 2, 367-379, May 2008.
- "Strategic Delay in Market Entry." Canadian Journal of Economics, Vol. 41, Issue 3, pp. 998-1014, August 2008.
- "Predatory Bidding in Sequential Auctions" (with Xin Meng) Economics Bulletin, Vol. 4, No 12, pp. 1-5, 2007.
- "Uniqueness of the Reserve Price with Asymmetric Bidders." (with Xin Meng and Mark Nagelberg). Forthcoming in METU Studies in Development.
- Social Learning and Strategic Delay.
- Initial Public Offerings-IPOs.
- SSHRC, 2008-2012, $69,600, Principal Investigator.
- The National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2014-2016, Foreign Expert, RMB 150000.
- Address: Hikmet Gunay, Economics, 501 F. A. Bldg., University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, R3T5V5,Canada.
Office: 511 Fletcher Argue Building.
Tel.: (204) 474-8915.
Fax: (204) 474-7681.
- Gunay's e-mail.
Updated by Hikmet Gunay (Günay) on October 28, 2015.