Department of Economics
University of Manitoba,
501 Fletcher Argue Building,
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Fields of Specialization
- Industrial Organization.
- Economic Theory.
- PhD Economics, University of Iowa, 2003.
- MS Mathematics, University of Iowa, 2001.
- MA Economics, University of Iowa, 2001.
Selected Publications and Working Papers
- Different Number of Bidders In Sequential Auctions (with full proofs including S.O.C.). (with Xin Meng). Submitted Paper.
"Exposure Problem in Multi-Unit Auctions" (with Xin Meng). International Journal of Industrial Organization, Vol. 52, 165-187. May, 2017.
- "Social Learning and Delay in a Dynamic Model of Price Competition."
(with M. Aoyagi and M. Bhalla). Journal of Economic Theory, Vol. 165, 565-600, September, 2016.
- "Waiting for Signaling Quality." Southern Economic Journal, Vol 81, 364-386, October 2014.
- "Strategic Waiting in the IPO Markets."
(with G. Colak). Journal of Corporate Finance, Vol 17, 555-583, June 2011.
- "The Role of Externalities and Information Aggregation in Market Collapse." Economic Theory, Vol. 35, Issue 2, 367-379, May 2008.
- "Strategic Delay in Market Entry." Canadian Journal of Economics, Vol. 41, Issue 3, pp. 998-1014, August 2008.
- Social Learning and Strategic Delay
- SSHRC, 2008-2012, $69,600, Principal Investigator.
- The National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2014-2016, Foreign Expert, RMB 150000.
- Address: Hikmet Gunay, Economics, 501 F. A. Bldg., University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, R3T5V5,Canada
Office: 511 Fletcher Argue Building
Tel.: (204) 474-8915. I will not be checking my voice mail. Please send an e-mail.
Fax: (204) 474-7681
- Gunay's e-mail
Updated by Hikmet Gunay (Günay) on May 23, 2019.