C/SLIP Packet Drivers for DOS
by Frank Molzahn
This page contains beta test versions of two small packet drivers I've written
for use on the PC serial port, SLIPKT and CSLPKT. Features:
- 8.3 K TSR, with VJ TCP/IP header compression.
- Class 1 (ethernet) interface
- Full RARP support
- Configurable FIFO trigger level
- Support for PKTMUX' /b option
The programs are free, have NO WARRANTY, and have not been widely
tested. See the accompanying documentation. They were
uploaded to Simtel.Net in February, 1999.
To try these C/SLIP drivers out, click on:
CSLPKT05 from Beta 04:
Beta 04 from Beta 03:
- Minor technical and cosmetic changes.
- Documentation changes, including URL updates.
- Added /s option to set line speed with `user-friendly' bps rate.
- Extended range of allowed divisors for /b option to full 64K.
- Allowed IRQ2 on single-PIC machines.
- Documentation upgrade.
Beta 03 from Beta 02:
- Added option /b to set line baud rate (via divisor).
- Drivers set line to 8N1 automatically.
- Removed PS/2 test.
- Minor technical improvements, and documentation for the above.
Beta 02 from Beta 01:
- Both drivers now support hardware handshaking via the /h option.
- Documentation tweaks.
These programs are no longer under development.
You can contact Frank by e-mail.
============(end of page)============