Once the installer has been invoked, the console will
It will attempt to detect the platform, and is where you
- Error messages (a copy of the log)
- Download progress (if network install)
Once the platform has been detected, the main installer
window ill open.
You have a few options:
- Default: simply click "Finish" to install from
with default parameters
- Select a directory for install log , or turn
(as you so please)
- Select "Advanced Install", click next (Finish button
If you selected an advanced install you will have a few
- Directory to install to:
- The default is your home directory, but you might
- Installation type:
- miniBirch: If you already have a BIRCH system (like
Solaris NFS), and you want to connect to it instead of
making a new
one, select this.
- Development Version: Only recommended for advanced
the Development version may be unstable.
- Binaries: The installer should have automatically
detected your binary type, but if you have a server
select additional binaries.