|Mail:||Department of Civil Engineering
University of Manitoba
Room E1- 432 (EITC), 15 Gillson street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 5V6
Dr. Maghoul invites applications for Master's degree and Ph.D. positions in Prous Media Modeling (application or development of numerical techniques). The successful applicants will be involved in one of these areas based on their backgrounds:
- Numerical Modeling (FEM/BEM) and Analytical Development.
- Thermo-Hydro-Mechanical behaviour of Saturated and Unsaturated Soils.
- Thermal performance of residential building foundations.
- Geotechnical earthquake engineering including liquefaction, seismic site effects, slope stability etc.
- Dynamic soil-Structure Interaction.
A highly qualified students will be financially supported.
Applicants should have a strong background in numerical modeling of geomaterials (preferably in porous media transport phenomena), excellent oral and written communication skills. The subject areas strongly favour candidates with a degree on civil, geotechnical or structural engineering, although candidates from related areas (mining, computer science and science (Physics and mathematics) etc) might be also suitable.
Interested applicants should send their curriculum vitae, statement of research interests, and full contact information for two references to Professor Maghoul at Pooneh.Maghoul@umanitoba.ca, as soon as possible.