Awards, Honors and Research Grants:|
- ISBA Early Career Researchers Award (2012).
- The Fields Institute General Scientific Activity Grant for International Workshop on New Advances in Statistics: Theory and Applications - with K. Davies (2012).
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) of Canada, RTI Grant - Joint with A. Leblanc (P.I.) and 9 others (2012).
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) of Canada - Discovery Grant (2011-2016).
- Start-up Grant, University of Manitoba (2010-2013).
- SFU President’s PhD Research Stipend (PRS) Award (2010).
- Frontiers of Statistical Decision Making and Bayesian Analysis Conference Travel Award (2010).
- SAMSI Funded Participant for SMC Workshop, Research Triangle Park (2009).
- Nominated for 2008/2009 SFU, Faculty of Science Excellence in Teaching Assistant Award (2009).
- MITACS Travel Award (2007).
- MITACS Fellowship (2006).
- Organizer, Topic Contributed Session on Bayesian Methods With Applications to Health Sciences, Joint Statistical Meetings, San Diego California, August 2012.
- Session Chair, Bayesian Modeling In Life Sciences 2, Joint Statistical Meetings, San Diego California, August 2012.
- Organizer and Chair, Invited Session on Nonparametric Bayes Methods, Statistical Society of Canada annual Meeting, University of Guelph, Guelph Ontario, June 2012.
- Organizer and Chair, Invited Session on Bayesian Methods with Applications, ASASL Conference on Statistical Concepts and Methods for the Modern World, Colombo Sri Lanka, December 2011.
- Organizer and Chair, Invited Session on Statistical Methods in Medical Research, ASASL Conference on Statistical Concepts and Methods for the Modern World, Colombo Sri Lanka, December 2011.
- Reviewer for Journal of Applied Statistics, Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, JRSS (A), NIPS, Model Assisted Statistics and Applications.
- Committee member, Statistical Society of Canada (SSC) committee on new Investigators, 2011-2014.
- Session Chair, Bayesian Modeling and Computation, Joint Statistical Meetings, Miami Beach Florida, August 2011.
- Workshop on Objective Bayesian Model Choice, University of Texas at San Antonio, March 17, 2010.
- Workshop on Modern Bayesian Methods, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia, February 1, 2010.
- SAMSI Workshop on Sequential Monte Carlo Methods, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, November 9-10, 2009.
- Summer school on Bayesian Modeling and Computation, St John's College, University of British Columbia July 14-18, 2008.
- Workshop on Deconstructing Biochemical Networks, Université de Montréal, Montreal, September 24-28, 2007.
- Pacific Northwest Workshop on Bayesian Statistics, University of British Columbia, April 8-9, 2006.
- Statistical Society of Canada (SSC).
- American Statistical Association (ASA).
- International Society for Bayesian Analysis (ISBA).
- Applied Statistics Association of Sri Lanka (ASASL).