Research Material---R. S. D. Thomas
- scanned and repaired html file of `The Bible as genetic code: A helpful analogy', Perspectives on Science and the Christian Faith 38 (1986), 38--40.
- scanned pdf file (2 MB) of `Meanings in ordinary language and in mathematics', Philosophia Mathematica (2) 6 (1991), 3--38.
- Function, Fiction, and Fact
as delivered at the interdisciplinary conference `Myth and Knowledge',
Wilfred Grenfell College, Corner Brook, Newfoundland, May 20--23, 1992;
subsequently appeared in Methodologia No. 16, October, 1996.
- 1994 technical report
on compatibility conditions for a vector field on an embedded surface.
Not identical to `Kinematic compatibility conditions of third order for
a three-dimensional surface vector field', Quarterly of App. Math. 55 (1997), 635--657.
- Maths and Fiction I: Identification
- Maths and Fiction II: Analogy (unpaginated offprint)
- Mathematics and Games, to appear in The Mathematical Intelligencer.
- pictures of woven cubes, 6MB pdf file, 10 pp.
- `Blessings and the Anglican Church of Canada', 100KB pdf file, 6 pp.
Updated 2013 9 20.
This site is maintained by:
R. S. D. Thomas
Department of Mathematics
The University of Manitoba
Canada R3T 2N2
Inquiries can be sent to the above address or to firstname.lastname@example.org .