|Research||Dr. Shirley Thompson -Natural Resources Institute
204‑474‑7170 | firstname.lastname@example.org
-Nwankwo, U., Thompson, S., Bokelmann, W., Peters, K. & Bett, H. (2010). The Need for Information Sharing Among Stakeholders: Lesson for Sustainable Biotechnology Adoption. American-Eurasian Journal of Sustainable Agriculture, 4(3): 374-385. (*.PDF)
- Diabetes Dialogue (2010). A return to Roots: Faced with a growing epidemic, Canada's Aboriginal communities look to lessons of the past in their fight against diabetes. Canadian Diabetes Association. Spring Edition, 18-25. (*.PDF)
S., J. Sawyer, R. Bonam and Valdivia, J.E. (2009). Building a better
waste generation model: Validating models with recovery rates at 35
Canadian landfills. Waste Management 29(2009) 2085-2091. (*.PDF)
- Thompson, S. J. Sawyer, R. Bonam and S. Smith (2008). "Modeling Landfill Gas Generation to Determine Targets and Strategies to Reduce Greenhouse Gases". The Journal of Solid Waste Technology and Management. 34 (1), February 2008. (*.PDF)
- Nichol, S. and S. Thompson
(2007). "Policy Options to Reduce Consumer Waste to Zero: Comparing
Product Stewardship and Extended Producer Responsibility for
Refrigerator Waste". Waste Management Research, 25(3), June 2007. (*.PDF)
Thompson, S. (2003). "From a Toxic Economy to Sustainability: Women
activists taking care of environmental health in Halifax" in Canadian Women Studies. V. 23. No. 1. Fall/Winter 2003, 108-114.
Isla, A. with S. Thompson. (2003). "Natural Capital Reality Check: A Case Study of Microenterprise in Costa Rica". Environmental Monitoring and Assessment: Measuring Natural Capital. 86: 171-182, Amsterdam: Kluwer Publishing.
Quarter, J. with Richmond, Sousa and Thompson. (2000). "Nonprofit Sector in Canada". School of Policy Studies.
Thompson, S., Mackay et al. (1999). "Modelling Zero Discharge of Four Toxic Chemicals". Journal of Great Lakes Research. v. 25.
- Thompson, S (n.d.). "Sustainability and Vulnerability: Aboriginal Arctic Food Security in a Toxic World". Breaking Ice (Chapter 3). (*.PDF)
Modelling strategy for great lakes
- Thompson, S. and B. Duggirala (2009). "The feasibility of renewable energies at an off-grid community in Canada". Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 13(9):2740-2745. (*.PDF)
- Peters, S. and S. Thompson (n.d.). "Women don't fish, or do they? Strengths and Threats of Shrimp Catchers Sustainable Livelihoods in Vypin, India". (*.DOC)