ECE 7670 Optimization Methods
This page contains information related to the ECE 7670 Optimization Methods Course.
Last Update: April 20, 2009.
Lecture: Tuesdays and Thursdays 10:00-11:15 a.m. ROOM: EITC E2-360
Course Outline, Slides and Notes:
- Course Outline (2009) [PDF File]
- Read Chapters 1 to 6.
- Notes on 1-D minimization, and bounding phase. [PDF]
- Notes on conjugate directions and Powell's method. [PDF]
- Notes on conjugate gradient methods. [PDF]
- Notes on Nelder-Mead Simplex and Hooke-Jeeves methods [PDF]
- Linear programming notes [PDF]
- Lagrange Multiplier Technique for equality constraints [PDF]
- Inequality Constraints [PDF]
- Network Problems [PDF]
- Neural Network Notes [PDF]
- Compex Gradient and Adjoint Methods [PDF]
- Chapters 1-6: read all problems and attempt some to see if you have an understanding of the material [Solutions]
- Some of my notes on 1D search algorithms [PDF]
- Assignment 1 [PDF]
- Assignment 2 [PDF]
- Assignment 3 [PDF]
- Assignment 4 [PDF] [Audio File]
- Project [PDF]
- EXAM DATA: [Exam_Data.mat]
From Matlab use the command "load Exam_Data" which will create two variables named "omega" and "Data"
Archive of Previous Years